[Geoprisma-dev] Committers : please use UTF-8 encoding

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Mon Jan 25 16:24:22 EST 2010

Hi All,

This is targeted to SVN committers.  We used to have an SVN pre-commit
hook that enforced a character encoding check on all php, xslt, xml and
js files to make sure they were all using UTF-8.  We cannot implement
the hook on the OSGeo infrastructure due to its using an old Python
version (old linux distro) so now we have to rely on committer
self-discipline to ensure NO latin1 (aka ISO-8859-1) shows up in those
file types.  I saw a couple of occurrences that I would like people
working on windows to clean up.

Thanx for your cooperation,

Yves