[Geoprisma-dev] gettext under Windows

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 1 09:50:23 EST 2011

I would go with option #2.

Since we're discussing i18n here, what about
http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/168 ?  To my eye, the getText
dependency could be avoided completely if we followed the Ext and GeoExt
i18n way.  We wouldn't drop the getText support entirely since it's
still very useful to customize i18n text regarding the data we use
(resource title, user-custom text for widgets, etc.) but the 'default
GeoPrisma widget i18n' could be entirely managed on client-side.

Thoughts ?  Do you think this could be a nice thing to work on during
the sprint ?

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé