[Geoprisma-dev] Script loading issue with Firefox 4

Etienne Dube etienne.dube at boreal-is.com
Wed Mar 30 11:25:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

I encountered a weird and intermittent issue related to the loading
order of JavaScript files while testing the AttributeFilterPanel widget
with Firefox 4. Some objects declared in the external GeoExt ux widgets
were sporadically still undefined by the time Ext.onready() executes.
Turns out FF4 behaves differently than 3.6 when loading
dynamically-inserted <script> tags... see the following OpenLayers
ticket: http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933 . The snippet of
code from OL that we use for loading GeoExt ux .js files (when not using
a minified build) is affected by this.

Applying the changes from the patch in the OL ticket solves the issue. I
did it for the AttributeFilterPanel ux, but it should be done too for
the other ux'es.

Etienne

--
Etienne Dubé