[Geoprisma-dev] WFSTFeatureEditing ux - 2011-05-13 state

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri May 13 12:13:08 EDT 2011

Hi devs,

   I'd like to announce the current state of a ux widget I'm working on
: WFSTFeatureEditing, a widget that automatically (asynchronously)
create all components required to do WFS-T feature editing.  Targets to
have an easy setup and keep the map navigation fast while editing using
a spacial filter drawn by the user (box) to render only the features
needed to be edited.

   Wiki : http://trac.geoext.org/wiki/ux/WFSTFeatureEditing
   Ticket : http://trac.geoext.org/ticket/423 (no patch yet)
   Demo :
http://dev8.mapgears.com/geoext/mg-sandbox/geoext.ux/ux/WFSTFeatureEditing/examples/WFSTFeatureEditing.html

   Work remaining to do :
     * collect comments / suggestions and apply changes to fit accordingly
     * create test units
     * create a patch for the 'extension' repository
     * sign agreement ?

   I'd like to be the maintainer of this widget if possible, but I think
that would require having commit access.  I'd like to discuss the matter
if possible.

   So far, I've not been really good at making relevant test units, so
if anyone would like to take care of that I'd be very grateful.  Unless
someone tells me his interests in the matter, I'll start working on it.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears