[Geoprisma-users] Are any of these features available in GeoPrisma?

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Dec 15 09:44:23 EST 2009

Stephen,

There is also the discussion on the new redlining facilities [1] that
should make its way in GeoExt (and eventually in GP) where general
purpose editing functionality is being debated.  Alexandre : I've always
looked for a button to do the actual delete rather than a keyboard
shortcut.  To my knowlwedge, deleting is the only editing operation in
OpenLayers that we must use the keyboard for.  It makes for a little UI
asymmetry : people don't press "insert" to add a new feature (they have
a button) yet they must use the keyboard to delete.  Just a remark
because it took me a bit of time to realize that.

> > 2b. snapping geometry points to other pieces of geometry. I think
> > there was something in an OL sandbox at one point, but not sure if it
> > ever made it into trunk, let alone GP.
> No

The same example I referred to above shows you can snap lines on points.
There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to drag points around and
snap them to an arbitrary geometry.  Or is there a particular issue with
snapping points in OL ?

Yves

[1] http://trac.geoext.org/wiki/ux/Redlining