[Geoprisma-users] FeaturePanel Questions and Observations

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Dec 17 13:46:21 EST 2009

Le jeudi 17 décembre 2009 à 13:13 -0500, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
> Yves Moisan wrote:
> > But yet, I fear very long lists of examples ...
> >

> A strong doc should be our first ally, the samples only present to show
> 'examples of use' with different options and stuff, regardless of their
> number.  Samples shouldn't be 'the way' to know how to create widgets,
> rather 'sample of uses'.  'The way' should be defined in doc, which
> should cover all options and stuff.

Agreed.  We just need to remember though that the more examples we add,
the more we have to update when new options/ways to do things show up.
And of course many people will just start building on an example they
find and not go to the docs (at least in the short term).  But you are
right that completeness is the docs' responsibility not necessarily the
examples'.

Yves