[Geoprisma-users] GeoExt User eXtensions (uX)

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Nov 20 08:40:42 EST 2009

Hi list,

I just tested the first User eXtension to GeoExt (committed by Cédric
Moullet) : a geonames search widget.  Give it a spin by typing your city
name for example :
http://dev.geoext.org/ux/GeoNamesSearchCombo/examples/GeoNamesSearchComboExample.html

Zooms in with a nice OSM map.  And darn it's quick !  Actually, typing
"Paris" is surprisingly slow (on the geonames search side of things) so
type a weird name like "Sherbrooke" for faster results :-)

Since devs are also on the users list, I think it's worth looking at the
uX mechanism for particular features our users want.  Use case
discussion on this list; technical discussion on the dev list please.

Yves