[Geoprisma-users] FeatureServer, OL, GP ack!

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 20 15:38:16 EST 2009

Stephen,

== about the roadmap ==

  Currently, we don't have one.  As you know, GeoPrisma is an OpenSource
project, so we're driven by the customers needs.  Currently, GeoPrisma
fills all the needs of the customers it was developed for, so there's no
real "plan" for the near future.  If a new project emerges, with new
needs and fundings, then the project goes toward that way.

  When that happens, we (in that case the contributors [1]) usually
gather together in a codesprint.

== about the "upload your gis files" topic ==

  It has been discussed a while ago because some customer showed some
interests in GeoPrisma and wanted to know if it would be possible to do
so.  "It's currently not available, but it could be possible with some
developments." we (Mapgears) answered.  Since you showed the same kind
of need, I thought "hey, we could go the same way" and introduced
GeoPrisma to you.

== about the doc ==

  I'm currently working on the doc.  It changed a lot this week, so keep
in touch :)  I'll add a new topic next week : "how to create a new
widget in GeoPrisma".

Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas and thoughts.

Kind regards,

Alexandre

[1] http://geoprisma.org --> see contributors

Alexandre Dubé