[Geoprisma-users] datastore vs resource

Lessard Alexandre alexandrel at solutionglobale.com
Fri Nov 30 11:48:42 PST 2012

This part is a little difficulte I'll try my vest to explain.

A ressource is a group of datastores that represent all the part of the
data.
A data store is a part of the data linked to a service.
Exemple :

Say you want to show Hospitals on a map:
You'll have a ressource for the hospitals with those datastore for exemple :
     - DS_hospital_WFS that link to your WFS server with the layer of
the hospitals;
     - DS_hospital_WMS that link to your WMS server;
     - DS_hospital_HTTPRequest if you want to manage your data via http
forms;
     - DS_hospital_Cache that will be linked to your MapCache server;

So a ressource is to define the content and the datastores are the way
to connect with it.

Check the samples with the source code, there is a lot of the configs
that are used there.

Belug