[geos-devel] Performance of GEOS compared to JTS (Report, Nov. 8)

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Nov 11 11:56:39 EST 2002

Martin Davis

> I would still expect that the C++ code should be absolutely faster than Java -

Me too

> so we still have some sleuthing to do.

< disclaimer>
  I know next to nothing about the JAVA 'machine'
</>

Does JAVA pass somethings by reference automatically
whereas in C++ you have to explicitly declare this ?

If so this might explain things as there seems to be a LOT
of information being passed on the stack in GEOS which
doesn't necessarily need to be.

Norman