[geos-devel] Coordinate & Coordinate list

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu Nov 14 19:27:02 EST 2002

Norman Vine wrote:

> > Norman, how (exactly) did you get gprof to profile the library calls to get your profile results.
>
> you add the profiling statistics gathering flag to the compiler options
>
> -pg
>
> do
> % make clean && make
>
> Run the program as usual
>
> then run gprof on the resulting 'profiler statistics' file
>
> on my system this is
>
> % gprof executable_file gmon.out > humman_readable_file
>
> % info gprof   should give you all you need to know

I've done this, but I dont get results from calls within the GEOS library.  For example, my run of TestSweepLineSpeed gives (actually
lt-TestSweepLineSpeed):

  %   cumulative   self              self     total
 time   seconds   seconds    calls  Ts/call  Ts/call  name
  0.00      0.00     0.00        6     0.00     0.00  data_start
  0.00      0.00     0.00        1     0.00     0.00  run(int, GeometryFactory *)

Do you do something special to get a statically linked version of GEOS used?

dave