[geos-devel] Status (Tuesday, April 1st)

Yury A. Bychkov me at yury.ca
Wed Apr 2 04:22:31 EST 2003

Sorry for the delay with the status report, but it didn't change (from my last
email on Mar. 23) until a short time ago. I've just finished debugging isValid
about an hour ago. It had some hard to catch bugs, but now it works fine and
passes all 805 tests.
Newest code that I've just committed to the repository compiles and runs fine on
Windows.
Overlay functions have not been tested yet.

In my phone meeting with Martin today we decided that it might be a good idea to
modify Norman's recommendation of adding raw*At (he recommended that these
methods (that don't check if the index is inside the list) can be used in places
that we know that the index is correct.) methods to CoordinateList* classes a
bit. Martin's thought today was that we probably should just modify normal getAt
(and etc.) methods so that they don't test the validity of the index and make it
a responsibility of the programmer (so far no calls produce the exception
anyway). If no one has any objections, I'll change the code accordingly. I can
also add safeGetAt (and etc.) methods that would check the index if someone
thinks that is should be done.

Yury