[geos-devel] Exceptions

Yury A. Bychkov me at yury.ca
Sat Apr 19 04:23:52 EDT 2003

Yes, exceptions in GEOS hasn't been uniformized yet. The reason why they are in
different forms is simple: in JTS code some exceptions have their own classes
(e.g. AssertionFailedException) and for these I've created a corresponding class
in GEOS, and some are native java exceptions and for them I use strings. I was
originally planning to create classes for all exceptions later, but if strings
are better, then I can change everything to strings.

Yury