[geos-devel] current (morning of 18th) postgis geos wrapper breaking

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Mon Aug 18 13:06:31 EDT 2003

There are some 600+ lines of errors, but they often snowball/replicate
so here's the first few ...

g++ -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g
-fexceptions   -I. -DFRONTEND -DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"'
-DUSE_VERSION=73 -I/usr/local/include/geos -DUSE_GEOS -I/usr/include
-DUSE_PROJ  -I../../src/include   -c -o postgis_geos_wrapper.o
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp
cc1plus: warning: "-Wmissing-declarations" is valid for C/ObjC but not
for C++
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:13:16: io.h: No such file or directory
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:16: error: namespace `geos' undeclared
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: error: `Geometry' was not declared in this
scope
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: error: `g1' was not declared in this scope
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: error: `Geometry' was not declared in this
scope
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: error: `g2' was not declared in this scope
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: warning: `GEOSrelate' initialized and declared
    `extern'
postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp:61: error: initializer list being treated as
compound
    expression

On my Linux-debian-testing gcc 3.3.1 system io.h is in
sys/io.h.  Changing that in postgis_geos_wrapper.cpp
the io.h error goes awaw, but the rest remain.

I'm guessing the geos namespace problem on 16 is responsible
for the remaining fallout.

I'll be glad to test mods when available.

Heitzso