[geos-devel] Benchmark

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Mon Mar 3 15:09:20 EST 2003

Not bad, not bad....

Using JTS 1.2, I get the following timing: (Pentium 1.1 GHz / Win2K / Sun Java 1.4)

n Pts: 1024000
Executed in 20.627 s

(Paul, what processor/OS/JVM is your timing based on?)

Just to make y'all jealous...  Using the version of JTS 1.3 currently on the lab bench, the benchmark is:

n Pts: 1024000
computeIM: # segment intersection tests: 234
Executed in 1442 ms

This speedup is mainly due to eliminating the tests for self-intersections in input polygons (which are assumed to be valid).   It won't be too hard to include this in GEOS.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street   Victoria, B.C.   V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040    Fax: (250) 385 6046