[geos-devel] Re: [postgis-users] GEOS / Predicates Update

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu May 22 16:07:07 EDT 2003

> But...  I can't help but wonder if the problem wouldn't automagically
> disappear if we compiled the PostGIS code as C++ and made the
> GEOS part of PostGIS a real C++ module that knew all about
> handling exceptions

I have thought about this, but havent experimented with it.  I also
experimented with statically linking the c++ library into postgis, but
was unable to get it work (anyone know how to do it?).

It would be a good experiment to write a simple C++ plugin for
postgresql and see if it has any problems.  If this works, there
shouldnt be any difficult problems converting PostGIS to C++ - but it
could be time consuming.

dave