[geos-devel] Memory Management Fixes

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Fri May 30 19:12:03 EDT 2003

There are two memory management issues that I'm aware of:

1. changing PrecisionModel to be a value type, so that deleting Geometries doesn't leak memory
2. ensure that all memory allocated during Geometry methods is freed correctly, including during  exception propagation

1. is pretty easy, and in fact I think Yury mentioned today that he had already implemented this fix.  Yury can confirm this, and if he does RR should test that the fix works

2 is much more work, and is slated to be started once the basic port of the code has been completed (which sounds like it should be done in a week or two).

Yury, I assume that the basic deletion of Geometrys is working (e.g. freeing the pointlists and envelopes) ?

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street   Victoria, B.C.   V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040    Fax: (250) 385 6046