[geos-devel] const introduction

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 10 22:16:27 EDT 2003

Wow! I did not think it would have been so hard.
I've just committed the first thread of 'const'
specification. It took more then 30 hours to
follow all dependencies started by adding 'const'
to the first argument of LineString constructor !!!

I committed now because *finally* the code can be built
with no warnings (related to const).
However - since now and then I modified things around
to make compiler happy about const objects - the
doc/example.cpp code segfaults, and I guess it is
not the only one ;)

Please forgive me for having committed such a buggy
code, but I really needed to release the stress
associated with having a completely modified local
CVS tree.

Note that the const introduction process is neither
complete nor definitive, but it is based on deduction
of current behaviours and it is aimed at defining
a consistent interface.

PS: the getCoordinates() method still return a copy.
PPS: many bugs have been fixed.