[geos-devel] [Horst.Duester@bd.so.ch: AW: [postgis-users] Dissolve obsoletepolygon borders]

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Tue Oct 21 12:07:27 EDT 2003

> I mean: does it have to do with malformed/unsupported input geometries
> or with bogus GEOS code ? Any hint on this ?

Almost certainly neither.  Instead, this is an example of the known limitations with robustness handling in JTS/GEOS.  Unfortunately, currently there's no 100% workaround for this, at least not in the context of PostGIS.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street   Victoria, B.C.   V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040    Fax: (250) 385 6046