[geos-devel] Can current release do polygon overlay analysis?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Oct 23 17:56:17 EDT 2003

I may have spoken out of turn: GEOS does union, intersection, buffer.
Overlay analysis can be done through the repeated application of the
intersection function.  Take two sets of features, A and B. For feature
A(1), find all features in B that are nearby and run an intersection
against them. For each intersected resultant B(n), merge the attributes
of A(1) and B(n). Wash, rinse, repeat.
Paul