[geos-devel] Alternate CoordinateList Representations

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Apr 12 15:12:50 EDT 2004

Did we end up with a workable abstraction on top of CoordinateList?
Dave is nearly done with the foundation work on LWGEOM, and if there is
a performant way of hooking, for example, a WKB representation of
geometry under GEOS, it might be worth doing.

I vaguely recall a conversation about this where we realized that most
of operations end up creating new Coordinates anyways, cutting the legs
out from under potential memory usage gains of holding the coordinates
in alternative CoordinateList representations.

      Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net
      Phone: (250) 885-0632