[geos-devel] How to install GEOS with gcc-2.69?

Roy Irwan mroy at centrin.net.id
Fri Feb 13 02:51:51 EST 2004

Hi, I just downloaded geos tar.gz file and I want to install it into my
RedHat 7.3 box with gcc-2.96.
Anybody kindly can give me step by step instructions to do that? Poor me,
because I don't really familiar with development environment in Linux box.
But, I do really need geos. :(

I have tried these steps:
#aclocal (w/o arguments)
#automake (w/o arguments)
#autoconf (w/o arguments)
#libtool (I'm stuck here.. because I don't know what should I give to it as
arguments)

I try to skip the libtool step and run ./configure and I got this error.
Unfortunately, I absolutely don't understand what the error try to tell me.
:(

<...deleted...>
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
creating libtool
./configure: line 8145: syntax error near unexpected token
`PGAC_TYPE_64BIT_INT(
long'
./configure: line 8145: `PGAC_TYPE_64BIT_INT(long int)'

I have:
gcc-2.96-110
automake-1.6.3-5
autoconf-2.57-3
libtool-1.4.2-7

I try not to upgrade my RedHat because of hardware limitation and a lot of
softwares and data stored in it. :(

TIA,
Roy Irwan