[geos-devel] error while compiling geos

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Jan 26 05:36:53 EST 2004

Pierre.Noeuveglise wrote:
> Hi all, I have downloaded geos-1.0.0.tar.gz, extract, ./configure and when I
> execute make I have the following error :

> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
> checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
> creating libtool
> ./configure: line 8359: syntax error near unexpected token `long'
> ./configure: line 8359: `PGAC_TYPE_64BIT_INT(long int)'
> make: *** [config.status] Erreur 2

This looks as the output of configure (ran by config.status, ran by make).
Can you really run ./configure with no errors ?

A line like PGAC_TYPE_64BIT_INT is not present in the configure script.
It is a macro present in configure.in which is transformed
to something else when the autogen.sh script is ran (before releasing
the package).

It looks like something (or someone) messed up with the configure scripts.
I'd suggest you re-extract the package in a new directory and try again,

--strk;