[geos-devel] future changes

ross ross.elliott at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 15 15:56:39 EDT 2004

I've been fixing a bug in my application code recently and found two things in geos that could do with some attention:

1/ have a getGeometryType member function that returns an integer rather than a string as testing integers is faster than a string compare;

2/ make geometry.intersection always return a GeometryCollection, even if it only contains one geometry. This removes the need to check what has actually been returned, you only need to itterate through the GeometryCollection;

Ross