[geos-devel] Iterate

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Jul 22 03:14:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:34:27PM -0400, Maude Giasson wrote:
> In the GEOS documentation 2.0.0, I did'nt find how to iterate through a GeometryCollection neither through a Polygon.
>
> Now using the 1.0 revision (2003\11\06), I'll use the "getGeometyN(..)", "getInteriorRingN(..)"  and "getExteriorRing(..)" methods.
>
> 1- What is the equivalent way to iterate with GEOS 2.0.0 ?

Same way of GEOS 1.0.0, just lost from documentation, now fixed.

> 2- Is there any documentation listing the differences between GEOS 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 revisions ?

The NEWS file contains all changes which needs attention.
Basically API change invested geometry constructors and
CoordinateList->CoordinateSequence rename.

Geometry constructors all take ownership of passed CoordinateSequence
or vector<Geometry *>, and will store a pointer to the given
GeometryFactory. This was a mixed strategy for GEOS-1.0.0, and there
was no GeometryFactory, but PrecisionModel and SRID arguments.

CoordinateList became CoordinateSequence and the basic implementation
became DefaultCoordinateSequence (from BasicCoordinateList).
Factory for DefaultCoordinateSequence is a singleton and is accessed
with DefaultCoordinateSequenceFactory::instance().

--strk;