[geos-devel] orientation of the rings in a polygon

Maude Giasson maude_giasson at inrs-ete.uquebec.ca
Mon Jul 26 13:53:59 EDT 2004

Hi all,
In the detailed description of the Polygon, it says that "The orientation of the rings in the polygon does not matter"

However, in my particular application, the orientation of the rings does matter.

The polygons I'm using are the result of an intersection in GEOS.

1- Is it possible to get the orientation of a linearRing with GEOS ? How ?

2- Is it possible to set something (i.e a factory) that would guaranty a specific orientation for the rings in the polygons.

Thanks again
Maude Giasson