[geos-devel] GEOS Questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 14 14:32:33 EDT 2004

Folks,

Re-invigorated after the MUM/OSGIS meeting last week, I have decided to dig
somewhat deeper into using GEOS for geometry operations in OGR.  After a first
quick inspection a few questions arise:

1) Are there some sample applications I am missing demonstrating use of geos?

2) Is there a well known binary reader and writer analygous to the WKTReader
    and WKTWriter already incorporated?

3) Does geos support 2.5D geometries?

4) How do I do the wrapping of my own geometry classes with GEOS Geometry
    objects?

5) Has there been any thought to providing Python or other SWIG based scripting
    languages access to GEOS?  Would you be interested in my doing so?

Best regards,