[geos-devel] GEOS Questions

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Mon Jun 14 15:28:55 EDT 2004

Frank,

Another way to look at the problem may be to integrate OGR into GEOS.
That would seem like an easier integration strategy to me.  That way,
you could just build some classes that would use OGR to open a set of
geometries into GEOS.  Otherwise, I think there will be a lot of overlap
between object models.  Plus, that would allow PostGIS to use the
existing GEOS lib with the addition of a new persistence layer provided
by OGR.

Just a thought.

Martin Chapman