[geos-devel] isvalid info

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Fri May 7 11:47:13 EDT 2004

Or the Open GIS Consortium (OGC) Simple Features for SQL (SFS)
specification. JTS & GEOS implement the polygon model in that
specification exactly.

You could also get JUMP or JTS and try your polygons in them, to see why
they are invalid (they both include a way of validating WKT geometry and
displaying the location of failures).

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5