[geos-devel] GEOS Exceptions

Mark Coletti mcoletti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:09:06 EDT 2005

On 4/18/05, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:16:45AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I must confess I am not a particular advanced C++ programmer.  I
> > tend to avoid use of C++ exceptions, so now I find myself in a situation
> > where I am not quite sure what to do.
>
> I really think this is a GEOS bug, in that it throws by pointer
> instead of by reference.
> I'm somehow happy to know you faced this so maybe you'll support a
> switch to a throw-by-reference-of-std::exception-derived, altought
> it will be a big API break.

strk, didn't we have correspondence a while ago about this very issue?  I think
I supplied you with patches that would not only fix the
throw-by-reference-of-std::exception-derived implementation, but
patched the
dependent areas of the code.

Cheers!

MAC
--
I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.