[geos-devel] GEOS Exceptions

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:05:59 EDT 2005

On 4/19/05, Artem Pavlenko <artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net> wrote:
> >BOOST usage has been discussed for other things as well (smart pointers)
> >and I always tried to avoid dependency on it. Anyway, if it really gives
> >us a good performance improvement and we can ship required headers with
> >GEOS we can do it w/out big problems.
> >

> I dont see any problems with that. AFAIK current boost licence is
> compatible with (L)GPL.
> see  http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/license-list.html

Folks,

If all Boost requirements can be easily distributed with GEOS without
complicating builds too much, then it might be quite acceptable.

> >>Also, I've noticed that GEOS  using incorrect WKT grammar IMHO  e.g
> >>POINT(EMPTY)????
> >>
> >>OpenGIS Simple Features Specification rev1.1 EBNF:
> >>
> >><Point Text> := EMPTY | (<Point>)

Hmm, this does look like it shoud be "POINT EMPTY" instead of the
"POINT(EMPTY)" I have implemented based on input from someone else.
I'll ask Martin at Cadcorp what he thinks.

Best regards,