[geos-devel] GEOS Exceptions

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Apr 20 04:13:46 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:52:12PM -0400, Mark Coletti wrote:
> On 4/19/05, Artem Pavlenko <artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net> wrote:
> > Meanwhile , could anyone explain to me why do we need
> > vector<Coordinate>*  and not just vector<Coordinate>
> > in DefaultCoordinateSequence?
>
> Oh, my.  I hope it's not for some perverse form of vector re-sizing.

I found it like that and failed to clean it up as most of the current
code. Changing - again - will break API.
Actually I think we can really start a GEOS3 branch and do a big
lifting on it.

> And again, why  not write:
> >    struct A
> >   {
> >       A(B const& b)
> >        B b_;
> >   };

We can do this and I actually started doing it somewhere, but as far
as args are pointers this doesn't really speed things up...

--strk;