[geos-devel] GEOS 2.2

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Dec 1 23:58:47 EST 2005

http://geos.refractions.net

GEOS 2.2 is on the street, from the change log:

Changes in 2.2.0

- Performance improvement in OverlayOp::insertUniqueEdge()
- CoordinateSequence copy removal in EdgeRing
- Minor memory allocation improvements
- Higher dimensions interface for CoordinateSequence
- Added getCoordinatesRO for Point class
- NEW WKB IO
- NEW Simplified and stabler C API

I believe 2.2 includes a change in the binary interface, which means
you will have to recompile PostGIS and other dependent client
programs, but not in the source interface, so the old programs should
still compile sucessfully against it.  Strk can correct me if I am
wrong.

The performance improvements can be quite large for some use cases.

P.