[geos-devel] geos-2.2.0 / FreeBSD 4

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Dec 30 09:35:03 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:15:48PM +0100, Eric Faurot wrote:
> On 12/29/05, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> > If you are more specific on what's wrong we *might* help.
> > --strk;
>
> On OpenBSD, the build fails in source/capi because geostest is build with
> the c compiler, but it links with a c++ library so it does not work
> (trace attached).
> Changing the libtool line to "--tag=CXX c++" works.

Mm... my libtool responds with:
libtool: invalid tag name: CXX c++

Does this have to do with the "do not force use of your libtool"
request below ? Note that the `libtool' script is NOT shipped
with GEOS package, only the ltmain.sh script, as reccommended
in the libtool info page.

> The corrolary is that postgis 1.1.0 now fails because it uses the capi
> and the liblwgeom.so is incorrectly linked, so postgres cannot dlopen it
> (undefined reference to C++ symbols)...

Maybe OpenBSD *needs* to explicitly link libstdc++ ?
I think we can safely always include libstdc++ link in postgis
build scripts... they would not hurt.
Could you check that adding -lstdc++ in SHLIB_LINK line of lwgeom/Makefile
(around line 46) fixes the problem ?

> Also, please do not force configure to use your libtool script.

See above