[geos-devel] RE: LineSegment copy removal, ABI protection 2

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Tue Jun 28 11:41:20 EDT 2005

> Martin, are you experiencing this much improvements ?

No.  But I don't think my recent changes would be executed during buffer
anyway.  And I certainly wouldn't expect them to provide that much
improvement.

Let me get this straight - the changes that you made were just to change
LineSegment to use references rather than copies?  (This change is
irrelevant in the Java world, since the usual pattern is to use
copy-by-reference.  So JTS effectively already has this improvement, I
think.)

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5