[geos-devel] CGAlgoritms singleton

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu May 19 03:39:05 EDT 2005

Hunting for the multipolygon buffer bug I've seen one of
multiple places where CGAlgoritms class is instanciated.
Apart from high paranoia due to Robust/NonRobust implementation
(actually marked as obsoleted in GEOS) I don't really
understand if we really have a need to instantiate that
class multiple time.

Wouldn't it be smarter to make it a Singleton and
store reference to it in the different classes ?

(the instance I'm talking about is in OffsetCurveSetBuilder.cpp,
but I recall to have seen many others around)