[geos-devel] GEOS C API Suggestions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 17 10:56:35 EDT 2005

On 10/17/05, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> I've fixed a typedef problem I encountered with C++ compiler
> and added the extern "C" namespace when __cplusplus is defined.
> The latter was unneeded for g++.
> Does it work for you now ?
> Does it work w/out the extern "C" part as well ?

Strk,

Before to get it working I had to do the 'extern "C"' around the whole
include, but that work around did work.

> There is no dllexport attribute on any other GEOS function, that's why
> I wondered.

Hmm, well, I have never actually successfully used GEOS on
win32.  I wonder how other people handle this.

> As you know I won't try things on win32 so I'll wait for
> any problem report before attempting at any modification here.

OK, when  I get to windows, I'll test it out and provide patches
if needed.

Best regards,