[geos-devel] TaggedLineSegment

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Apr 12 12:19:04 EDT 2006

Martin, I'm porting the jts.simplify package
to GEOS and I have a design question.

Is it a problem if we avoid to have TaggedLineSegment
derive from LineSegment ? This is probably not a problem
with JTS, but in GEOS LineSegment is composed by 2 real
Coordinates rather then pointers and we probably don't
need the overhead associated with this. Moreover this
would require LineSegment to become a polymorphic class
whereas currently it is not (in head at least, this would
be the first derivate of it).

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.