[geos-devel] Re: std::transform

Sandro Santilli strk at refractions.net
Sat Apr 15 08:34:18 EDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 01:40:57PM +0200, Mateusz Å?oskot wrote:

> Hi Sandro,
> I started to become I'm impressed every day I read #postgis logs :-)
> I saw you're are considering std::transform algorithm in some manner.
> Is that right?

Yes, I've actually started trying to use standard algorithms
whenever appropriate. for_each() is usually also very appropriate.

> Simply, std::transform is the main algo I'm considering that would be
> helpful in many places in GEOS.
> So, if that's your point too, we could connect our efforts.
>
> What do you think?

Sure. Remember that I'm not approaching complete refactoring,
just trying out some new ways of doing things when seeing an
easy way toward them.

There are still bugs in the code, so unit testing should have
the highest priority, with noding::snapround and geom::simplify
namespaces really requiring deep testing.

> p.s. do you mind to discuss it on the list?

geos-devel added to recipients list.

--strk;