[geos-devel] SVN - Line Feeds

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Thu Aug 3 17:29:02 EDT 2006

Okay, I've tracked down an issue caused by the move to SVN.

By default, SVN does not convert line feeds based on platform, unlike
CVS.  However, you can override this either by local setting on your
machine or by adding a property to each file.  For more information see:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.5

It looks like in the automated move to SVN, every file was tagged with
svn:eol-style native.

So, on Windows, you get CR/LF while on *Nix its just Line Feed.  Thus
configure.in gets CR/LF which breaks autoconf on line 297 when compiling
under MingW.

It seems to me the best solution is to remove this property on every
file so code checks out the same on every system.  Alternatively, I can
play with .configure.in to see if I can get it to work on both platforms
(since everything else seems to at least compile).

What should I do?

Charlie