[geos-devel] Segfault with GEOSGeom_destroy()

Jean-Claude Repetto jean-claude.repetto at worldonline.fr
Wed Dec 27 07:54:50 EST 2006

Hello,

This is my first attempt to use the GEOS library, so I am probably doing
something wrong.
I just want to create a polygon and then to destroy it.

	initGEOS(NULL, NULL);	// GEOS initialization
	GEOSCoordSeq s = GEOSCoordSeq_create(npoints, 2);
	for (i=0; i<npoints; i++) {
		GEOSCoordSeq_setX (s, i, X[i]);
		GEOSCoordSeq_setY (s, i, Y[i]);
	}
	GEOSGeom ring = GEOSGeom_createLinearRing(s);
	GEOSGeom polygon = GEOSGeom_createPolygon(ring, NULL, 0);

	GEOSGeom_destroy(polygon);
	GEOSGeom_destroy(ring);
	GEOSCoordSeq_destroy(s);

	finishGEOS();			// Cleanup GEOS

The polygon is destroyed, but there is a segfault when the ring is
destroyed (same problem when the sequence is destroyed).

I have tested GEOS 2.2.3 and GEOS 3.0.0_RC3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jean-Claude