[geos-devel] Building latest CVS HEAD with MSVC++ 8.0

Stefan Zschocke s.zschocke at infozoom.de
Thu Feb 23 03:55:04 EST 2006

Hi,
seems I am missing something.
I have been experimenting with the geos-2.2.1.tar and I don't find round
anywhere in the sources.
Can you point me to the code where this round problem arises?
I have checked another c++ project of mine and there I do have a custom
round function, I don't remember why, but certainly it is because of the
same issue mentioned in this thread.
I use the following code:

long double roundl(long double d,short dec);
double round(double d,short dec);
#include <math.h>
#include <float.h>
inline long double roundl(long double d,short dec){
  long double div=powl(10,dec);
  d*=div;
  d*=(1.+LDBL_EPSILON);
  __asm{
    fld d
    frndint
    fstp d
  }
  return d/div;
}

inline double round(double d,short dec){
  double div=pow(10.,dec);
  d*=div;
  d*=(1.+DBL_EPSILON);
  __asm{