[geos-devel] Petition for a 2.2.2 release

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Feb 27 12:42:35 EST 2006

I'd really like to see a GEOS 2.2.2 release that adds GEOSArea and
GEOSGeomType to the C API and also incorporates some recent work
Howard Butler has done to enabling linking the GEOS DLL with MSVC 6.
I'm willing to help out as much as I can. I could do some of the
boring stuff like running the tests, updating docs, writing a release
note. I am also willing to step up and help out with support of the
old 2.2 branch. How does that sound?

One more question: how far out is 3.0?

cheers,
Sean