[geos-devel] geos-2.2.0 / FreeBSD 4

Eric Faurot eric.faurot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:38:56 EST 2006

On 12/30/05, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:

Sorry for answering that late.

> Mm... my libtool responds with:
> libtool: invalid tag name: CXX c++
>
> Does this have to do with the "do not force use of your libtool"
> request below ? Note that the `libtool' script is NOT shipped
> with GEOS package, only the ltmain.sh script, as reccommended
> in the libtool info page.

OpenBSD provides its own libtool that we really want to use.
I thought I saw a LIBTOOL=$(topbuildir)/libtool or something like that,
but I must have dreamed...

> > The corrolary is that postgis 1.1.0 now fails because it uses the capi
> > and the liblwgeom.so is incorrectly linked, so postgres cannot dlopen it
> > (undefined reference to C++ symbols)...
>
> Maybe OpenBSD *needs* to explicitly link libstdc++ ?
> I think we can safely always include libstdc++ link in postgis
> build scripts... they would not hurt.
> Could you check that adding -lstdc++ in SHLIB_LINK line of lwgeom/Makefile
> (around line 46) fixes the problem ?

-lstdc++ works, but I also need -lm. I can live with that, though.
FYI, you can find the ports at:
http://ekyo.nerim.net/openbsd/ports/geos.tgz
http://ekyo.nerim.net/openbsd/ports/postgis.tgz

There are a few other patches that you might want to integrate into
your tree, but IMHO, it is generaly better to let packagers write small
patches than making the configure process too complicated.

Eric.