[geos-devel] Re: New python/ruby SWIG bindings checked in / Can't build on Mac OSX

Robert J. Berger rberger at ibd.com
Tue Jul 25 13:04:26 EDT 2006

Ok, what I needed to do was to modify autogen.sh in the top level
directory to use
glibtoolize instead of libtoolize.

If I had been a bit more aware when I first ran autogen.sh I would
have seen the error message:

./autogen.sh: line 16: libtoolize: command not found

Thanks for the help!

Rob

On Jul 25, 2006, at 5:57 AM, Howard Butler wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Can you try using /usr/bin/glibtool instead of osx's?  The buildbot
> <http://geos.builds.hobu.net> currently configures with glibtool.
> I have had much trouble with osx's libtool (to the point of
> symlinking glibtool in its place even).
>
> Howard
>
> At 2:25 AM -0600 7/25/06, Charlie Savage wrote:
>> signature";
>> 	micalg=sha1; boundary="------------ms080105020904040701090001"
>>
>>> Like should I be able to just run autgen.sh to build the proper
>>> configure files?
>>
>> Yup, that should work:
>>
>> ./autogen.sh
>>

>>  > Now I have to just learn how to use GEOS, POSTGIS, Ruby and
>> Google Earth
>>> KML without any background in GIS :-)
>>
>> Good luck.  Some ruby examples for GEOS are under swig/ruby/test,
>> and a python example is under swig/python/test.
>>
>> Charlie

>> Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:smime 186.p7s (    /    )
>> (00445870)

Robert J. Berger - Internet Bandwidth Development, LLC.
Voice: 408-882-4755 eFax: +1-408-490-2868
http://www.ibd.com