[geos-devel] Some C API Issues

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Sun Jun 25 00:21:03 EDT 2006

Some issues with the c api.

1. It looks like GEOSCoordSeq_getOrdinate is missing a coordinate
sequence as its first parameter.

RCS file: /home/cvs/postgis/geos/capi/geos_c.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.24
diff -u -r1.24 geos_c.cpp
--- capi/geos_c.cpp	5 Jun 2006 15:36:34 -0000	1.24
+++ capi/geos_c.cpp	25 Jun 2006 02:59:02 -0000

-extern "C" int GEOS_DLL GEOSCoordSeq_getOrdinate(unsigned int, unsigned
int, double *);
+extern "C" int GEOS_DLL GEOSCoordSeq_getOrdinate(CoordinateSequence *,
unsigned int, unsigned int, double *);

2.  There is an enum GEOSGeomTypeId in geos_c.h but also a method with
the same name.  This makes VC++ 2005 unhappy.  Can the enum be renamed
to something like GEOSGeomTypes?

3.  You can get an Envelope from a Geometry, but its returned to you as
a GEOSGeom.  But an Envelope is not a geometry.  If you get one, and
then use it some of the methods like Intersects, won't things blow up?
Also, in my existing code I make use of a fair bit of the Envelope api
(width, height, etc.).  Any chance this can be exposed in the C api?

Thanks,

Charlie