[geos-devel] [UTF] envelope_class_test.cpp fixed for Boost 1.33

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Mar 13 06:11:12 EST 2006

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> The situation in general makes me wary, if Boost is going to changing
>  incompatibly with some regularity.

Yes, I also have similar thoughts.
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that some Boost library can break
compatibility between releases 1.33 and 1.34.
I have to discuss it with Gennadyi Rozental - the author of Boost.Test

> We want to use it to reduce
> workload, and it could potentially add workload.

Sure

> In the short term, can we simply wait for the 1.34 release as
> suggested?

I'm well prepared to go on, but if there are such problems
then I can wait.
Though, I'd like to know strk's opinion.

> We have gotten this far with blackbox testing, we can
> hold on for a little longer.  It would be interesting to know
> historically how often Boost has had incompatible changes.

Yes, that's the question.
I'm going to ask Gennadyi today about this issue.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net