[geos-devel] Petition for a 2.2.2 release

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Mar 28 03:26:13 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 02:08:03PM -0700, Charlie Savage wrote:
> Actually, the bindings work on both 2.2.2 and 3.0.  The main difference
> is the renaming of a couple of classes, other than that the bindings
> just mirror whatever the C++ api is.
>
> I'm fine either way on this, just thought it be nice to get out there
> for people to use.

That's ok for me, it will delay release 2.2.2 by the time
needed to touch build scripts. If you provide them
looking at the python ones I'll wait.

> Strk - any timeline on a 3.0 release?

Not yet. I'd like to receive some feedback
about reduction of installed C++ headers.
Beside, I didn't look at SWIG binding, how many
classes are actually exposed ? Maybe C++ exposure
could follow SWIG one.

> And sorry, haven't looked at head yet...but will.

That'll also help releasing sooner.