[geos-devel] Bug #81 - Memory access violation in LineString::getStartPoint()

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 30 18:28:55 EST 2006

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> As said in previous mail, I'd drop createLinearRing().
> Every intention to create an EMPTY geometry should be
> expressed using the function I added for this purpose:
> createEmptyGeometry().
> This should reduce error possibilities.

This does not solve the problem.
The problem is that:
1. LinearRing design is incorrect in terms of creating it's empty
representation
2. Or, the usage is incorrect (passing null pointer for factory)
3. Or, implementation of construction is incorrect and it should accept
null pointers to factory (empty LinearRing does not need a factory).

These problems can apply to every geometry, I suppose so.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net