[geos-devel] GeometryFactory - call for explanation

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 30 20:56:23 EST 2006

Martin Davis wrote:
> Notice I said "*relatively* static".  You still need the flexibility
> to use different Precision Models and difference CoordinateSequence
> implementations when required.  I would think that a static default
> factory with a FLOATING PM and the default CS would be handy, though.

OK. That's not a problem.
It is possible to replace current factory with new one for particular
geometry object or to create new factory customized properly and use it
to build geometries.
Shared smart pointer idiom helps to handle both cases.

> As for smart pointers, seems like a good idea - although being a Java
>  guy now I have happily purged all of this kind of knowledge from my
> brain   8^)

Yes, but that not a problem :-)
I mean, first all assumptions have to be considered in details.
And when those assumptions are stable, then it is possible to implement
the solution properly: in Java or in C++, it does not matter, just using
tools that particular language provides.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net